Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Day 3 and Day 4

This is an update of Day 3 and Day 4.

Day 3:

Day 3 was good, except for the evening. I came home in the evening and ate arisi upma and chips and yogurt, without abandon. Ate watching TV. I ate till I felt bloated. Then went to see David Cross, ate M&M during the show and then came home and ate dinner... a lot of chips and rice and yogurt.

The take away is, evenings are bad. Watching TV and eating an evening snack is a 30 year old habit of mine. It is going to take a lot of time to get rid of it. I need to keep trying.

The good thing is I am starting to notice how bloated I felt after eating. Am noticing my hunger levels, I knew I was not that hungry when I started eating, and I knew I was feeling very bloated after I ate. I never observed these things before.

I also measured my weight at 218 pounds. Felt very very bad about it. THought of discontinuing this system and going on a 7 day diet. But this blog is the only thing that kept me from changing. I am going to give it the full 30 days. I would say the first 3 days I haven't been following the scheme very well. It is going to take some adjustment to change my ways.


Day 4:

Day 4 was better than day 3. I had coffee and biscuits for breakfast, but I could not figure out if I had enough for breakfast. I need to come up with way to figure out the how to estimate my hunger/satisfaction for drinks.

Then I felt hungry at 11, ate a kind bar, some oranges and some rice and chips. But ate consciously and at the table. Stopped when I felt a little full. That was good.

I got up in the afternoon and had a few biscuits mindlessly. This was not good. Then I ate another lunch at 4... Ate sitting on the sofa...it was not ideal, but I stopped when I felt full...maybe... I could have better. Eating at the sofa is not helping.

For dinner we went and ate pizza, I only had two thin crust slices, felt full, and had ice cream at "lick". I enjoyed it, didnt feel bloated at all. Felt pleasantly full.

We came back home and ate curd rice and chips even though we were not hungry.../sigh... but I realized it and felt very bloated afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment